General Knowledge general awareness solved questions Practice test
1. Kovalam Beach resort is situated in:
(d) Andhra Pradesh
2. Pituitary gland is present:
(a) Below the brain
(b) Above the brain
(c) Inside the brain
(d) No where near the brain
3. BHC (Benzene Hexa Chloride) is a/an:
4. Which one of the following writs is issued by the court in case of illegal detention of a Person?
(a) Quo Warranto
(c) Habeas Corpus
5. The Manas Wild Life sanctuary is located in
The state of:
(b) Madhya Pradesh
(c) Uttar Pradesh
6. The “Last Supper” a famous Renaissance
Painting was a masterpiece of:
(a) Michael Angelo
(b) Leonardo de Vinci
7. Who was the last British Viceroy of India?
(a) Lord Linlithgow
(b) Lord Wavell
(c) Lord Mountbatten
(d) Lord Irwin
8. Who was the tenth Guru of Sikhs?
(a) Guru Har Govind
(b) Guru Arjun Dev
(c) Guru Teg Bahadur
(d) Guru Govind Singh
9. What is the name given to the intermediate Range ballistic surface to surface
missile developed in India?
10. Which of the following countries have Common national frontiers with India?
(a) China, Russia and Bangladesh
(b) China, Mayanmar and Nepal
(c) Afghanistan, Nepal and Mayanmar
(d) China, Mayanmar and Afghanistan
11. Four Maths (religious centres) in four corners
Of India were established by:
(a) Swami Vivekanand
(b) Ramakrishna Paramhans
(d) Swami Shradhanand
12. Harare is the capital of:
(d) South Africa
13. Mac Mohan Line is frontier line between:
(a) Pakistan and India
(b) Pakistan and Afghanistan
(c) India and Bangladesh
(d) India and China
14. The Muslim League demanded a separate state
For the Muslims in the year:
15. The earth revolves round the sun. This
(a) Formation of day and night
(b) Deflection of winds and currents
(c) Change of seasons
(d) Differences in longitude and time
16. When a red rose is seen through green light,
17. The planets on either side of the earth are:
(a) Mercury and Venus
(b) Mars and Jupiter
(c) Mars and Venus
(d) Venus and Saturn
18. Which of the following countries does not have a written constitution?
19. In refrigerator, the refrigerant liquid is :
(a) Carbon dioxide
(d) Liquid helium
20. Alexander defeated Porus in 326 B.C. at the
21. Which organ of the body purifies the blood?
22. Which one of the following contains the ‘Gayatri Mantra’?
(a) Rig Veda
(b) Yajur Veda
23. Who said, ‘I have nothing to offer except Blood sweat and tears’?
(a) Subhash Chandra Bose
(c) Winston Churchill
(d) Lord Nelson
24. The port city of the Indus Valley people was:
25. Who wrote the book ‘The Path to Power’?
(a) Victor Banerjee
(b) Margaret Thatcher
(c) Minoo Masani
(d) Amrita Pritam